Raise your hands if you suffer from super dry hands and no lotion on this earth can save you! 🙋♀️ I feel ya. Since I moved to Colorado, my hands have always been dry. Sometimes my lotion from The Body Shop helps, and sometimes it’s not enough.
Let’s revive our dry hands. 🙌
- An empty jar with a lid
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
- I used an old canning jar that’s been in my cupboard 5ever.
- After you’ve found a jar, or some kind of container, fill it half way with brown sugar.
- Then, cover the top with olive oil.
- Next, mix the brown sugar and olive oil until it looks like apple sauce. Let the brown sugar sit and absorb the oil even more.
- If the mixture is still too oily, you can add in more brown sugar.
- Before you try this all over your hands, do a patch test!! This is so important, especially if you know you have sensitive skin. Make sure to rub a little on the back of your hand to see if your skin becomes irritated.
- If your skin becomes irritated, wipe off the scrub immediately. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. DO NOT continue with the rest of the application.
- For those of you who passed the test, use the scrub as if you’re washing your hands. Rub it all over your hands, especially on the dry parts.
- Ignore my dirty sink.
- Rub the scrub (haha) like you would wash your hands for about 30 seconds- 1 minute.
- Wash the scrub off of your hands.
- And BAM. Soft hands.
- The dry patches on your hands or knuckles might be red for a little while. That’s what happens to my hands, but it goes away!
- Use this scrub once a day for a week, then tone it down to a few times a week as needed!