I’m all about trying new things- especially when it comes to face masks. But sometimes my skin likes to take a detour to destruction town which usually ends with acne and super dry skin.
When I can, I try to take a break from store bought face masks and recharge my face with natural, at-home remedies. Honey is a natural antibacterial and it also heals wounds. That’s why I love it for my face.
Let’s dive into our DIY honey mask!
- Literally all you need for this face mask is honey. I use raw honey, but if that makes you uncomfortable you can use regular processed honey. The only thing with processed/pasteurized honey is that it could contain hidden, added sugars which could irritate your skin.
- Before starting slapping this stuff on your face, make sure you do a patch test first!! This is super important, especially if you have sensitive skin or unknown allergies. I do this with every face product before going in all willy nilly. Leave your patch test on for at least 10 minutes to see if it irritates your skin. If you feel like your skin is starting to become irritated, wipe the honey off immediately. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. DO NOT continue with a whole face application.
- If you passed the patch test, then let’s get down to business. Go ahead and apply one layer of honey all over your face. AVOID your eyes and eyebrows.
- Let the honey sit on your face for 5-10 minutes. I try to wear old shirts, so if the honey melts off of my face, then I won’t have to worry about ruining a good shirt.
- You can either use a soaking wet face towel to wipe off your mask, rinse it off in the shower, or just simply rinse it off in your sink. Personally, I like to rinse it off in the shower, but do whatever floats your boat. ❤